Oct 28, 2012

Your Offline Instagram Profile



Thanks to A Beautiful Mess for their easy-and-instant DIY Instagram Wall Decor tutorial, and for making me feel so productive after mine was done... although the result isn't tidy enough. I have a terrible craftmanship (huge bummer!) and horrible measuring skill. 


The process was kind of fun and frustrating because I had to print 108 Instagram photos to cover the whole surface. The original tutorial recommends 12x12 canvas so it'll perfectly fit with 9 pieces of 4x4 photos, but I decided to use one of my sister's leftover canvas, which is much bigger in size (43 x 53). And I always ended up becoming a person who keep bothering myself, so my mind told me to make a collage of tiny pieces and I chose 4.3 x 4.3 for the photo size.
And here comes the most unimportant part... my Instagram account had only 37 photos at that time. I could just Photoshop-ed the rest, but me, being silly, filtered 71 pictures with Instagram effects without posting it (I turned the Wi-Fi network off first... it's impossible to suddenly flood the timeline).


As you can see, there are two small empty spaces at the left and right side of the canvas, thanks to my horrible measuring skill. However, if you are a proud and active user of Instagram, you should give a try to make your own Instagram wall decor. To make it less time-consuming, you can follow the right instructions from A Beautiful Mess which requires a small canvas and photos in bigger size than I have. (Hey, if you have made your own, I'd really love to see it!)


25 comments:

Vilda said...

too cute! ♥

Jessica Xu said...

thanks, Vilda :D

alvinaliyandra said...

You're reallly good at this, aren't you? :) Nice job btw! :)

Jessica Xu said...

No! haha, but thank you :D

lchouw said...

Inspiring post:)

Jessica Xu said...

thanks ;)

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Reinhardt Kenneth said...

jessica xu, you are very talented, loving your illustrations(your header esp aaaaa) and this artwork is just cute<3<3<3.

mind following each other, dear?
THE PHOTOGRAPHIC SENSE-http://reinhardtkenneth.blogspot.com

Syawadina Endy said...

cute overlooaaaddd<3<3

Jessica Xu said...

hey thank you so much! I'm flattered right here :">
followed! your blog is very quirky

Jessica Xu said...

haha thank you dear :D

Reinhardt Kenneth said...

followed back, doll<3

Coffee Cream and the Caffeine said...

What a great collage dear !!

www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

Jessica Xu said...

Thank you! :)

Saveera Vivid said...

So cute! <3 <3

http://saarveevidvi.blogspot.com/

Jessica Xu said...

Thank yoou! :D

Agnes Koriston said...

love your work so much Jessica! <3 even i know it must be so tiring but the result is amazing!! <3 love it very much!! <3 want to try to make some but unfortunately didn't any instagram :(

mind to follow each other? me already following you :p

agneskoriston19.blogspot.com

Marla Singer said...

you're amazingly talented cutie <3

Jessica Xu said...

Thank you, Agnes! Hey you can still use Photoshop :D

Jessica Xu said...

I was just following a tutorial but thank you, Marla ;D

Jules yllw said...

nice blog :))
http://please-freeze-time.blogspot.de/
xx Jules

Jessica Xu said...

thanks!

Theresia Oei said...

nice!
and I'm loving your work on illustrating.
keep up the good work!

X

http://theresia-oei.blogspot.com

Jessica Xu said...

thank you so much, Theresia ;D

Faye Olivia said...

Thanks for pretty impressive post. I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon!!!

get more instagram followers

Post a Comment

I highly appreciate every single comment, thank you :)