Jan 1, 2014

Happy New Year


Despite my lame writing ability and weak grammatical error detector (which have been getting lamer and weaker day by day), I'm writing this cheesy obligatory post about what I had experienced back then in 2013 and my hopes for 2014. Don't bother to keep reading...
I started 2013 with a deep woe, for I had to go back to university and blend with new people in Graphic Design major (if you are a loyal reader, you know that I used to major in Interior Design and failed miserably). The fact that I had no one to hang out with for the whole semester stressed me. But I knew that later, I'd get myself some new good friends because I always went through this kind of social cycle whenever I'm adapting. The good news was that my new lessons were FAR more bearable than my old ones and the lecturers were nicer as well. And then, one awesome human-being came to my life two days before Valentine's Day, when I met Josh for the first time. He was the one who gave me highlight of the year, for coming back to town on my birthday in May and taking me out for a beach vacation...and for giving me other lovely memories. Things were getting better afterwards. New semester starts and finally, for real, I met new friends. University sucks less as they revived my laughters and chatters every day.
The thing is, I was pretty exhausted throughout the year, but quite in a good way. I always had to deal with school assignments plus illustration jobs 24/7 and skipped almost every friends' night out, but I didn't mind. I can't say that my amateur career as illustrator was a nice one (although it really does support me financially big time) because truthfully my drawing skill is still pretty disappointing. Nevertheless, people were very kind to me. I hope this is not a dreadful thing to say, but as I'm more active on Instagram now, my motivation to be more productive and improving is friends and followers whom I have there. I also gained so many drawing and lifestyle inspirations from various brilliant people on Instagram and that's why I spent so much time using that app. I noticed some bloggers with the same opinion as mine, and I'm pretty relieved about it.
I avoid New Year's resolutions and will not write any single list for self-improvements simply because it's useless as hell...I wrote a ton of to-do-lists and always ended up doing none. So, I'll just have hopes planted in my mind. It might sound lazy and pointless, but in my case, this works more rather than burdening myself with tasks. Won't elaborate all of my hopes here, but skill improvements, lifestyle improvements, body fat loss and savings are my main concerns. Don't judge me.


I wish you a great year ahead!

8 comments:

Samuel Alexander said...

<3

Christy M said...

Cute pictures! And lovely thoughts as well<3

Happy New Year 2014,
christymonicaa.blogspot.com

JAL. said...

you can survive cici! :D break a leg for another semesters! you're so talented! And, last but not least, longlast relationship <3

Joshua Tjandra said...

"The fact that I had no one to hang out" = The fear/thought that...
"But I knew that later, I'll get myself " = I would get myself...
"The good news was my new lessons were" = good news was that my new lessons were...
"one awesome human-being" = THE MOST awesome human-being
etc
I love you

drey said...

I always love the way you wrote every single things in your life here. I am a loyal reader of your blog anyway ci jess :) keep writing cute stuffs here and i won't think twice to scroll down. Happy new year ci jess hehe

Isabella said...

jess, this 100% absolutely and totally my favourite of all the obligatory 2013 reflection/2014 goals posts. i just found your blog and you. are. great.
bella x
http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

Karina Dinda R. said...

Happy new year! Stay happy and healthy :)

Join my Mini Giveaway, win lots of cute and pretty fashion stuff. Open worldwide till January 27th. Click here.
Cheers,
Karina Dinda R. ♥
BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

sartika dwiputri said...

hello, i've followed you for a while, would you follow me back? thankyou :D

Post a Comment

I highly appreciate every single comment, thank you :)